The following are resources to help you further understand and explore the ‘complementarian’ position of the roles of husband and wife.
- What’s the Difference? small group series by John Piper (also available at CCCC church office)
- Recovering Biblical Womanhood and Manhood by John Piper and Wayne Grudem (editors)
- God, Marriage, and Family: Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation by Andreas Kostenberger
- Biblical Foundations for Manhood and Womanhood by Wayne Grudem (editor)
- Men and Women, Equal Yet Different by Alexander Strauch
These books specifically focus on men:
- Disciplines of a Godly Man by Kent Hughes
- The Complete Husband: A Practical Guide to Biblical Husbanding by Lou Priolo
- The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott
- The Masculine Mandate: God’s Calling to Men by Richard Phillips
These books specifically focus on women:
- By Design: God’s Distinctive Calling for Women by Susan Hunt
- Becoming God’s True Woman by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (editor)
- Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother by Carolyn Mahaney
- Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild by Mary Kassian
Other helpful resources:
- The Council for Biblical Womanhood and Manhood website
- ‘Addressing Questions Regarding Gender Roles’ essay by Rick White
1 thought on “Exploring the Complementarian Roles of Husband and Wife”
Pastor Yancey mentioned an upcoming series called Dynamic Marraige that is coming up very soon. I didn’t see it on the website. Would you please send me dates, times and cost?
Thank you & God bless you!