*** This video and post are specifically intended for Navigators (small group leaders) of Clear Creek Community Church who are choosing to join the Teaching Team in studying the Gospel of John from January to August 2013.***
I’m not only excited to be teaching through the Gospel of John in 2013 but partnering with Navigators who want to follow along in their small groups. Some of our leaders have asked if there are any additional resources outside the DISCUSSION QUESTIONS we’re providing that can further enhance their study. I wanted to post a few things that might help.
Remember, nothing is as effective as small group leaders supplying the study of John with their own questions that both digs the group into the text of Scripture and seeks how to apply the truths of those Scriptures in a way that honors Christ and reveals the goodness of his gospel. You best know the strengths and weakness of your group, leverage that knowledge to move them toward full devotion to Jesus!
Here are some additional resources to help you and your group study the Gospel of John:
- ESV Study Bible – Bar none, this is the best study Bible I’ve ever run across. If you want a brief running commentary as you work through the Gospel of John, look no further than the ESVSB.
Small Group Studies on the Gospel of John
- John by Mark Johnston (Let’s Study Series: Banner of Truth)
- John by N.T. Wright (The Bible for Everyone Series: IVP)
- John: That You May Believe by Kathleen Buswell Nielson (Living Word Series: P&R)
- John by John MacArthur (MacArthur Bible Studies: Thomas Nelson)
- John by Dana Gould/The Navigators (LifeChange Bible Studies: NavPress)
- John by Justin Buzzard (Knowing the Bible: Crossway) – available April 2013
Commentaries on the Gospel of John
- John by Gary Burge (NIV Application Commentary: Zondervan)
- The Message of John by Bruce Milne (Bible Speaks Today: IVP)
- John for Everyone (note this is one of two volumes) by N.T. Wright (Westminster/John Knox)
- The Gospel According to John by Colin Kruse (Tyndale)
1 thought on “Resources for Studying the Gospel of John in Small Group”
Great video! We can tell you’re really excited about this study!