Here are questions our teams in charge of putting together weekend worship services (e.g, teaching, music, sound, etc.) asks each week. These are intended to keep our services missionally-focused and intentionally-driven for our specific context. I’m sure over time we will add and delete questions as we get smarter, but for the moment, here is our current set of questions.
Was the service…
- Gospel-centered: Did we show the glory and sufficiency of the Person & Work of Jesus?
- High challenge: Did we call people to life under Christ?
- Bible connected: Did we display the Bible as our final authority?
- Authentic: Did we give the truth without spin?
- Male-focused: Would this speak to a man?
- Missional: Did we call people to live on mission for God?
- Excellent: Did we do the best with what we have?
- Next-step: Did we tell people where to go with their commitment?
- Provocative/Risk: Did we keep the right tensions in the right places?
- Story: Did we involve the story of others to point to the One Story?
For your context, you may have better/different questions to ask of the intentionality of your services. If so, what would be your questions on Monday about Sunday?